There’s a brand new cafe right beside Fashion Market, which means you get to enjoy a delish cup of coffee right after shopping ! The aesthetically pleasing cafe/bakery (thus the name) is run by Silya who is from Norway, and has been living in Sri Lanka for the past six years with her husband!
The Kantina, has a range of delish coffee both iced and hot with a special roasted blend from the White & Co, so you know that their coffee is an absolute must try. They’ve recently introduced quiches, a bagel bar with multiple options to choose from and a whole counter dedicated to some of the best cheesecakes, brownies and tarts in town!
Here’s what we tried;
Cappuccino | Rs. 400/-
- A delicious milky froth, this cappuccino was more milk based than coffee based and its probably cuz it’s a single shot! Always go for double shot for the ultimate coffee buzz!
Iced Mocha Latte |. Rs. 500/-
- I love my iced mocha and this one has got to be the best on in town! It’s so hard to find someone who’d have the right ratio of the coffee, milk & chocolate without overpowering one another! Loved this.
Omelette bagel | Rs. 850/-
- As mentioned earlier they have a whole variety of bagels ranging from a sweet to savory options! Literally got you covered with a cinnamon bagel and slathered with Nutella too! What we tried was their classic omelette multi seed bagel packed with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber & cheese! Fills you up and it’s also a healthy alternative.
Salted caramel pecan brownie | Rs. 400/-
- To describe this would be like describing what heaven would taste like. The salted caramel was so fresh and soft, it just melts as your fork hits into it! The crunch of the pecan, along with the rich, gooey brownie altogether was absolute perfection!
Brookie | Rs. 400/-
- For those of you who don’t know what a Brookie is, it’s technically a cross between a cookie and a brownie! Packed with chocolate chips, this was yet another delicious treat!
Açaí energy ball
– Packed with cashew, açaí & cranberry!
– packed with coconut, cashew & lime, has got to be my favorite energy ball!